We, at doitonlineDIY, are obligated to protecting the privacy rights of our users. Consequently, we created a privacy compliance framework, which is maintained on an ongoing basis. Under this framework, our users can get information and exercise their rights in reference to their information and privacy.
Information We Collect and How We Use It: When you access our website, we gather particular information about your visit, engagement with content, the site from which you arrived and to which you are heading, and additional technical information pertaining to the device and system from which you are accessing the services. If you choose to use a “click to call” service which may be offered, the phone number with which you have made the call, might be collected for a limited time of up to three (3) months.
The aforementioned information is used for the operation of our website, supplying you with the services, making improvements to these services, and monitoring analytics and statistics. It allows us to synchronize and resolve payment issues with our business partners (including customers, vendors and affiliates).
We will not divulge your information unless obligated to do so by law, or as required to supply you with our website and services.
Last Updated: October, 2018
- Information we collect. When you access the Site, or use the Services, we reserve the right to collect information about your visit and the way you use the Site and the Services, in any of the following ways:
- Information We Collect from You. We gather information about how you use the Services and about your engagement with the Site or the Services in the following ways:
- Device Information. We collect device information such as, operating system type, language and version, device type and version, and information that can be derived from a user agent, such as screen resolution, or browser type and version, for the purpose of delivering and compatibility, as well as for language, geographic location and time zone.
- Interaction and Usage. We collect information about your interaction and use of the Services, such as internal URLs of the Site which you have accessed and your actions in reference to the Services (such as view or click), URLs from which you were directed to our Site and to which the Site redirects you, timing for clicks, date/time stamp of your Site use and page-views. This information is collected in order to operate the Site and improving it over time, provide you with the Services, as well as the ability to synchronize with our Partners and affiliates.
- Log Files. We gather information by deploying website tracking technologies, such as pixel tags, within the Site, as well as through server log files. The purpose of this information collection is to track user’s engagement within the Site and particular Services, and analyze trends. The information we collect may include the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses that were allocated to your device by your Internet Service Provider. The information is collected for limited time and for particular purposes only. The first being better understanding of your geographic location (country, region and language), thus providing you with the Services in your own language, relevant to your country of origin. Second, we analyze IP addresses using automated tools and detect those that are fraudulent (“Anti-Fraud Purposes”).
- Cookies and Other Technologies. We or third-party service providers may employ “cookies” and other anonymous web tracking technologies (e.g. “web beacons” and “pixel tags”). A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that website to recognize your browser. Cookies are used for storing online preferences of users and other information about your engagement with the Site. You may adjust your browser settings to either refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent to your browser. Take into consideration, however, that some services may not function properly without cookies and some of the features included in the Site may become unavailable to you. A pixel tag is a technology commonly used in combination with cookies. It is used when emails are opened or accessed (when applicable), or for the purpose of tracking activity on websites.
- Information Received from Third Parties. Similar to other Internet based services, our Site and the Services it includes are run and supplied through the collaboration and synchronization with third parties, including, but not limited to, Partners, and affiliates. We may receive information from third parties for the purpose of allowing and facilitating such synchronization, for example, a system generated internal user identifier (not a unique identifier) or generating a summary of actions you perform on the Site (click, view, form submission, purchase or a phone call). The Site enables you to consume the Service on a click-by-call basis. Should you choose to do so, a third-party vendor/s will facilitate both the transmission of the call and the tracking and feedback for success. This third party may then provide us with the phone number from which you called (attaching to it no other information about you). The information is kept for a limited time and in order to resolve referrals and successful calls with our partners. We make no other use other than for this sole purpose, unless you expressly consent to it.
Your Personal Information will be required for receiving some of the Services on our Site. It is up to your free choice to decide whether you wish to use such Services or not. You have the full right to withdraw your consent at any time, even after you have agreed to provide us with your Personal Information (for further information about opting out and withdrawing consent, please refer to section 8 below).
To offer you the Site and Services in general, and in order to constantly improve them. We will make use of your information for: (i) administering and making the Site and Services available to you; (ii) constantly developing and improving the Site and the Services; (iii) validating users as human and monitoring fraudulent activity; (iv) tracking and counting purposes of referrals and ads (as expounded on under section 5); (v) authenticating or identifying your access and your use of the Site; and (vi) responding to your enquiries and other types of communication with you.
- Sharing Your Information with Third Parties.
We do not share your Personal Information with Third Parties, with the exception of the following situations:
- Other Third Parties. Your information may be sent or shared with various third parties that assist us with our business operations (e.g. email or phone administration providers and customer service operators). They help us operate and improve our Site and Services and help us better understand how our users use them. These third parties are likely to have their own privacy policies to which they adhere, and our requirement is to have them made available whenever their services are provided. We advise you to access these such privacy policies when these services are extended to you directly. You should also take into consideration that these third parties could be based (and their servers located) anywhere in the world.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that doitonlineDIY or one of our affiliated organizations is acquired by, or merged with, a third-party organization, or puts up for sale all or part of our/its assets, we may (and hereby retain the right to) allocate or transfer the Personal Information and other information we have received or collected. In such case, the acquiring entity will be required to post its data protection practices and maintain all of your rights based on the jurisdiction of your residency.
We may decide to share or send some non-Personal Information with/to certain types of third parties (as follows) and in the event of the following circumstances:
- Engagement with and Links to Third Party Properties. On the Site you may find links to third party websites (for example, those of Partners), content, and other online resources (collectively, “Third-Party Properties”). When you click through to such Third-Party Properties, the associated data, along with any Personal Information you entered on such Third-Party Properties, will be supplied to the Third Party (although doitonlineDIY and its affiliated organizations may have agreements with such third parties, in accordance with which, such Personal Information and data are shared or sent back with/to us). We bear no responsibility for the privacy and data collection practices of such third parties, or for such Third-Party Properties and Products. We strongly recommend you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third-Party Property that you interact with or choose to use.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies. You may adjust your browser settings to block and/or refuse from the Site or third-party services (for more details please see Section 2.b.iv herein).
- Request to review, update or remove your Personal Information from our servers (for more information please see section 7).
- California Privacy Rights. According to the California Civil Code Section 1798.83 our customers, who are California residents, are allowed to request specific information pertaining to our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to privacy@doitonlineDIY.com.
- Access the Personal Information we retain. You will be asked to provide us with certain credentials so as to verify that you are indeed who you claim to be. If you locate inaccuracies in your Personal Information, or that it is not complete or updated, then please supply us with the necessary information to correct it.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information, please contact us. Exercising this right shall not affect the legality of processing that is based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
- You may object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, in the event that such Personal Information was used for such purposes.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
- Canada. If you are a resident of Canada, you are allowed to request specific information pertaining to our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, where applicable. To make such a request, please send an email to privacy@doitonlineDIY.com.
If you have any further questions concerning your Personal Information, please do not hesitate to contact our privacy compliance team at: privacy@doitonlineDIY.com.
- Information Security. Our respective third-party services and/or affiliate organization and ourselves deploy data security systems and procedures to secure the information that is transmitted, stored and processed on the Site, our systems and computer servers. For example, we use SSL for the Site encryption and we occasionally review our information and data collection practices to ensure constant monitoring, particularly for information at transport. We utilize third party processing and serving services that employ various information security certifications and standards (at rest and transmission). In addition, we filter and monitor access to data, when it comes to our company personnel. You should always take into consideration that whereas such procedures and systems indeed reduce the risk of security breaches, they do not however and cannot provide absolute security, as the concept of perfect security does not exist when it comes to the world-wide web. Consequently, we cannot assure you that our Site and servers are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein, or to other information security risks. If you have any further questions about the security on the Site, please contact us at: privacy@doitonlineDIY.com.
- Children’s Privacy. The Services we offer and the Site in general are not intended to attract children under the age of 16. As such, we do not aim at collecting Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 16. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16, we will make use of commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information as soon as possible. If you feel that we may have collected such information, please contact us at:privacy@doitonlineDIY.com.
- Commitment. Protecting your privacy online is an ongoing challenge and we invest great efforts in order to verify that our Site is in full compliance with the requirements and safest practices according to all jurisdictions in which the Site operates.