Last Updated: October, 2018
- What cookies are.
- How cookies are used.
- Your cookie options.
- Interest-Based Advertising.
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data, in the form of a text file, sent from the Site and stored on your computer by your web browser and enables the Site or third party to recognize you as a visitor (as opposed to as an individual). Cookies are usually used for the following purposes: (i) to allow specific functions; (ii) to deliver analytics; (iii) to keep your preferences; and (iv) to enable ad supply and behavioral advertising.
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will last until it expires, or until you delete the cookies from your browser. Expiration dates are set in the kookies themselves; some will expire after a few minutes only whereas others are defined to expire after longer periods. The cookies that are placed on your computer by the website you are visiting are sometimes referred to as “first party cookies,” whereas cookies placed by other entities, are sometimes referred to as “third party cookies.”
- How are cookies used?
- Essential Cookies: These are first party cookies, which enable users to use the features of the Site, e.g.: (i) making purchases, or (ii) remaining logged in.
- Analytics Cookies: These are cookies which track information about the manner in which you use the Site/s, so that we may improve and be able to report on our performance. Another possible use for analytics cookies is for testing new ads, features or pages to measure the reaction of our users to them. Analytics cookies might be first-party or third-party cookies.
- Preference Cookies: These are first-party cookies and are used for storing your Site preferences.
- Ad Targeting Cookies: These are third-party cookies (also referred to as “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising) which are placed by or advertising networks or platforms for the purpose of: (i) enabling advertising networks to deliver ads that could be relevant based on your actions; and (ii) delivering ads and tracking ad performance.
- What are my cookie options?
If you have reservations concerning the idea of cookies in general, or certain types of cookies specifically, you can change the settings of your browser to delete cookies already placed and to refuse acceptance of new cookies. To learn more about how to perform these actions, visit the help pages of your browser. You should take into consideration, however, that should you choose to delete cookies, or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use some of the features we offer, you may not be able to keep your references stored, and some of our pages may not display properly.
- How to manage cookies?
- How to disable behaviorally targeted advertising cookies?
If you have concerns about behaviorally targeted advertising cookies (which provide you with advertisements based on your use of our Site and other websites), you may visit www.youronlinechoices.eu (for users based in the European Union) or visit www.aboutads.info/choices (for users based in the US) for further information.
- How to enable and disable cookies using your browser?
- Google Chrome
Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar → Select ‘Settings’ → Click ‘Show advanced settings’ → in the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button.
- To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To enable only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’.
- To block cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
- For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, please refer to the following page from Google: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’ → in the options window go to the “Privacy” tab.
- To enable cookies: set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below.
- To block cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies.
- Note that there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookies settings offered in Internet Explorer, please refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Microsoft Edge
- Click on the ‘More actions’ button on the toolbar, and select ‘Settings’.
- Search for ‘View advanced settings’ and click on it.
- Under “Cookies” section, select either ‘Don’t block cookies’ (default) or ‘Block only third party cookies’.
- Restart Edge.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Click on ‘Tools’ in the browser menu and select ‘Options’ → Select the ‘Privacy panel’.
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites.’
- To block cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites.’
- Note that there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Mozilla Firefox. For more information, please refer to the following page from Mozilla: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Click on ‘Setting’ at the browser menu and select ‘Settings’ → Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Enable Cookies’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Enable Cookies’
- Note that there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For further information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, please refer to the following page from Opera Software: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option → Click on ‘Security’
- To enable cookies: In the “Accept cookies” section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
- To block cookies: in the “Accept cookies” section select ‘Never’
- Note that there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For further information on other cookie settings offered in Safar, please refer to the following page from Apple: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
- All other browsers
- Please locate a ‘Help’ function in the browser menu or contact the browser provider.
- Google Chrome
- How to disable behaviorally targeted advertising cookies?
- How to manage your cookies?
The default setting of most internet browsers is to automatically accept and allow cookies of all types. As we elaborate above, you have the ability to change these settings to block certain types of cookies or to alert you when cookies are being placed on your device.
Please take into consideration, that disabling the cookies we use may impact your user experience while visiting the Site, e.g., you may not be able to access certain areas of the Site or you may not receive personalized information or content when you visit the Site.
For further information concerning the cookies that the Site uses, you can click here.
- Interest-Based Advertising
In order to deliver personalized content and advertisement that we and other advertisers think will be of interest to you, we and third parties take part in interest-based advertising provided by vendors. In the event that third-parties are utilizing cookies or different technologies to perform these services, The Site does not control the use of this technology or any ensuing information for online, email, or mobile advertising, and does not bear responsibility for any policies or actions of such third parties.
We utilize various products and features provided by Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”).
- Google Analytics
- Please take into consideration the fact that Google Analytics is augmented by the code “gat._anonymize();” on this website to ensure the anonymized collection of IP addresses (also known as IP-masking).
- You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the link below An opt-out cookie will be placed on the computer, which stops the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics.
- Further information pertaining to the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is augmented by “anonymizeIP” to guarantee an anonymized collection of IP addresses (also known as IP-masking).
- Google Dynamic Remarketing
- We utilize Google Dynamic Remarketing to advertise our Site/s over the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. By placing a cookie on your web browser, dynamic remarketing will present ads to you that are based on which parts of our websites you have viewed. This cookie does not in any way identify you nor does it give access to your computer or mobile device. It is merely used to indicate to other websites that “This particular, yet unidentified, person visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google Dynamic Remarketing enables us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- DoubleClick by Google
We utilize retargeting tags and Custom Audiences provided by Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 64304, USA “Facebook”).
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- We use the product Facebook Custom Audiences within the context of interest-based online advertising. For this purpose, your usage data generates a non-personal and non-reversible checksum (hash value). This value can be transmitted to Facebook for analysis and marketing purposes. The information being collected contains your actions on our site (such as your visited subpages, browsing behavior, etc.). Your IP address is also transmitted and used for geographical controlling of advertising. The data collected is transmitted to Facebook encrypted only and is completely anonymous to us, which means that the personal data of individual users are not visible to us.
- Facebook Exchange FBX
When you access our websites with the help of the remarketing tags, a direct connection linking your browser and the Facebook server is established. Facebook receives the information that you have visited our website through your IP address. Facebook then assigns your visit to our website, to your user account. The information thus obtained can be used for the display of Facebook Ads. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the website, maintain no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and its usage by Facebook.
- Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
- By accessing and using the website, you agree to the data processing related to the integration of Facebook pixel.
- If you would like to revoke your permission, please click here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings.
Hotjar is a Feedback and Analysis tool provided by Hotjar LTD (Level 2, St. Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St. Julians STJ 1000, Malta, Europe). It assists us in revealing the online feedback and behavior of our visitors. Hotjar utilizes a racking code which gathers your information and transmits it to the Amazon Web Services secure cloud servers that are based in Ireland. The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- the IP address of your device (collected and kept in an anonymized format);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- geographic location (country only).
We make use of this information to improve the functionality of our website and to make it more more valuable, simpler and more user-friendly for your use.
We utilize technologies by Outbrain, Inc. (Offices located at 39 West 13th Street, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011, Attn: Legal Department, “Outbrain”) with our services to perform page views and to track clicks. This enables us to adjust our ad campaigns to users with common interests.
We utilize technologies by Marketo, Inc. (Offices located at 901 Mariners Island Boulevard Suite #500 (Reception) San Mateo, CA 94404, USA, “Marketo”) on this site to track page views. This enables us to promote this site to companies that are interested in being displayed on our Site/s.
We utilize technologies by Taboola, Inc. (Offices located at 1115 Broadway, 7th fl., New York, NY, 10010, “Taboola”) on this site to track page views and clicks. This enables us to adjust our ad campaigns to users with common interests.
We utilize technologies by Quantic Mind, Inc. (Offices located at 935 Main St, Redwood City, CA 64093, USA, “Quantic Mind”) on this site to perform click outs tracking. This enables us to adjust our ad campaigns to users with common interests.
We utilize technologies by Gemini, Inc. (Offices located at 701 1st Ave. Sunnyvale, CA, 94089, “Yahoo”) on this site to perform pageviews tracking. This enables us to adjust our ad campaigns to users with common interests.
We utilize technologies by Callbox, Inc. (Offices located at 877 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd Suite 207 Severna Park, MD 21146, USA, “Callbox”) on this site for the purpose of capturing the referring information, or any information that does not persist after the visit, in addition to the landing page and subsequent pages that the user accesses. It additionally tracks information such as browser information, IP address and which phone numbers are viewed while on the website. This enables us to substantiate our partners’ billing process and adjust our phone-based ad campaigns for the purpose of approving its quality and its billing.
We utilize technologies by ZoomAnalytics, Inc. (Offices located at 9 Hakfar, Kiryat-Ono, ISR 5552505, “ZoomAnalytics”) on this site to perform pageviews tracking. This enables us to adjust our ad campaigns and provide better offers for our users.
We utilize technologies by New Relic, Inc. (Offices located at San Francisco HQ 188 Spear St., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA, “New Relic”) on this site to monitor our site applications. This enables us to identify problems in our users’ browsers and improve our site serving across the Internet.
List of third parties that can access information via our partners’ sites:
- Google AdWords + Doubleclick – Google’s Ads Settings
- Bing – Privacy Dashboard